Conditions of participation – Participants
§ 1 Overview
(1) The VDMA Baden-Württemberg with the Allianz Industrie 4.0 Baden-Württemberg is the organiser of the matchmaking event “Startup the Future” (hereinafter referred to as Startup the Future).
(2) The aim of Startup the Future is to connect innovative start-ups with representatives of mechanical engineering companies. Start-ups apply with their solution and pitch it after successful admission during the event.
(3) Startup the Future will take place in digital form on 14.10.2021. The pitches of the start-ups will be recorded in the run-up to the event.
(4) The organiser is entitled to change the production and event location or times for good cause.
(5) The course language is German or English.
§ 2 Eligibility
(1) Startup the Future is basically open to start-ups that are not older than 5 years. The format is aimed at all start-ups from the field of Industry 4.0 with innovative, digital solutions and applications for the industrial sector.
(2) Participants must be at least 18 years old on the day of the event. The organiser reserves the right to verify the age of majority (e.g. by presenting a valid identity card or driving licence) as part of the application process.
(3) Participants register for the event via the application form provided on the Startup the Future website (www.startupthefuture.de). Registration will close no later than 09.07.2021 at 23.59 CET.
(4) There is no entitlement to participate in Startup the Future. The organiser reserves the right to reject unsuitable start-ups.
§ 3 Procedure of the filming and the event
(1) The start-up pitches will be recorded prior to the event. Two pitches per start-up will be recorded (1x pitch of 2 minutes, 1x pitch of 7 minutes).
(2) The pitches will be recorded on Thursday, 16.09.2021 and Friday, 17.09.2021 in Studio Gate 22 (Bahnhofstraße 86, 70794 Filderstadt, near Stuttgart Airport). By participating in Startup the Future, participants commit to being available on location on both dates, as well as virtually on the day of the event itself. The exact day of filming for each admitted start-up will be communicated shortly after admission to the event.
(3) The Startup the Future digital event will take place on Thursday, 14.10.2021.
(4) The short pitch (2 minutes) will be published on the event landing page in the run-up to the event (10 days before).
(5) Further information and contact persons will be presented as part of the preparations for the pitch recordings and the virtual event. The admitted start-ups commit to participate in any briefing sessions prior to the production and the event to ensure a smooth process.
§ 4 Data protection
See document “Data protection information for the digital matchmaking event “Startup The Future”.
§ 5 Application, submission, and admission
(1) Start-ups apply independently via the Startup the Future website: www.startup-the-future.de
(2) Participants have until 09.07.2021, 23.59 CET to submit their solutions.
(3) Applications will be disqualified if they are inappropriate or offensive. The corresponding evaluation is at the discretion of the organiser. Participants shall ensure that entries are appropriate in this sense for all viewers.
(4) By submitting the application, participants agree to the official rules of the organiser.
§ 6 Rights to the content, use of the pitching videos
(1) The organiser receives the full rights of use to any videos produced, in particular to the pre-produced pitches. The participants shall receive simple rights of use to the videos after the conclusion of the event.
(2) Participants do not have the right to use or display the logos or trademarks of the Organiser.
§ 7 General Rules
(1) By registering for Startup the Future, participants unconditionally agree to the rules stated here and the decisions of the organiser. This applies to all employees of the start-up.
(2) The organiser reserves the right at any time to disqualify participants who violate the official conditions of participation, cheat, disrupt the course of the event or behave inappropriately.
(3) Should the feasibility of Startup the Future be endangered at the Organiser’s discretion, the Organiser reserves the right at any time to a) interrupt the event and resume it after a certain period, b) take other measures that seem appropriate in the situation or c) terminate the event.
(4) The organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event for important reasons.
§ 8 Privacy and publicity
(1) Participants agree that the event and all activities related to the event may be recorded, if necessary, and that the organiser or commissioned or accredited persons and service providers may use the names of participants, illustrations, photos, films, comments, or other recordings for an unlimited period of time and without compensation for advertising purposes in print media, on their own website or in social media.
(2) In the case of recordings outside of the recorded pitches, where the focus is on individual persons, the participants have the right and the possibility to indicate at any time during photo and video recordings that they do not wish to be recorded. In the event of a message, the organiser will check in each individual case whether publication can be prevented.
§ 9 Domiciliary rights within the framework of the production
(1) b&b digital GmbH (production location) or the commissioned service staff shall exercise domiciliary rights. Their instructions must be obeyed.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively to the entire legal relationship between b&b digital GmbH, the Allianz Industrie 4.0 Baden-Württemberg with the VDMA Baden-Württemberg, their employees, vicarious agents or assistants and the participants. The German version of the Conditions of Participation and the House Rules shall be solely authoritative in relation to the English version for interpretation in the event of differences.
§ 10 Miscellaneous
(1) These Terms and Conditions of Participation and the legal relationship arising therefrom shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The place of jurisdiction is Stuttgart.
(2) Should individual provisions of these Conditions of Participation be or become invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
(3) Ancillary agreements are only legally binding if they are made in writing or confirmed in writing.
(4) Cancellation of participation is possible at any time and must be made in writing (by post, e-mail, or fax) to the coordination office of the Allianz Industrie 4.0 Baden-Württemberg.