Data protection information for the digital matchmaking event “Startup The Future”
We, the Allianz Industrie 4.0 Baden-Württemberg (hereinafter “we” or “us”), take the protection of personal data and its confidential treatment very seriously. We therefore inform you about the processing of your personal data in connection with your participation in the digital matchmaking event and the rights to which you are entitled.
1. Name and contact details of the Controller
Coordination Office Allianz Industrie 4.0 Baden-Württemberg
at the VDMA e.V. Baden-Württemberg
Project lead: Dr Marc-Daniel Moessinger
Phone: +49 711 22801-20
2. Contact details of the data protection officer
Scheja and Partner Attorneys at Law mbB
Phone: +49 228 227 226 0
3. Legal bases and purposes of data processing
In the following, we inform you about the legal basis and purposes of data processing in connection with participation in the digital matchmaking event “Startup The Future”.
3.1 Fulfilment of contract or performance of pre-contractual measures
We process your personal data if this is necessary for the performance of the contract concluded with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures.
As part of the matchmaking event “Startup The Future”, the following is included:
- The registration required to apply to our matchmaking event, stating title, first and last name, position, name of company/organisation, address of company, year of foundation, size of company, website, and your contact details (telephone number and email).
- Making a shortlist in the selection process that follows your application. Occasionally we or our jury members may contact you to clarify questions about your company.
- If your application has been accepted, the making of videos in one of our partner’s studios to present your business idea (pitches) as well as the publication of the video ten days before the event and on the day of the event on our event landing page, which can only be viewed by registered users.
- Support for the entire period of your participation, including communication on all matters relating to the matchmaking event.
The data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
In these cases, the provision of your personal data is contractually required or necessary for the conclusion of the contract. If you do not provide the data, we will not be able to fulfil the contract concluded with you or the intended conclusion of the contract between us will not be concluded.
3.2 Safeguarding legitimate interests
We process your personal data to protect our legitimate interests and/or the legitimate interests of third parties where we consider that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override our interests.
The following are included:
- The call for applications by e-mail, as far as you are included in our e-mail distribution list, and you have not objected to this.
- Communication before, during and after the event, insofar as this does not concern aspects relevant to the contract.
- The inclusion of your data in our CRM system.
- Direct marketing unless you have objected to this.
The data processing is based on Art. 6 section. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests lie in providing you with advisory support in the context of your application and participation.
3.3 Fulfilment of legal obligations
We may also process your personal data to comply with legal obligations arising, for example, from commercial, tax, financial or criminal law. The purposes of the processing result from the respective legal obligation. As a rule, processing is carried out to comply with state control and information obligations. In this respect, the data processing is carried out based on Art. 6 section. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
4. Storage and deletion of your data
As a matter of principle, we only store your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes. In the event of a objection, we will delete your personal data unless its further processing is permitted under the relevant legal provisions. We will also delete your personal data if we are obliged to do so for further legal reasons.
The teasers (2-minute video) uploaded on our event landing page and on Vimeo or Youtube will be deleted from these platforms two weeks after the end of the event. The 7-minute video will also be deleted from the event landing page after two weeks but may still be uploaded to the Startup the Future website and the Alliance Industry 4.0 Baden-Württemberg for communication purposes.
5. Recipients or categories of recipients
Internally, only those departments and employees working there have access to your personal data who need such access to fulfil the purposes stated under point 3.
Externally, the following categories of recipients have access to your data:
- Processors: External service providers that we use for the provision of (IT) services, for example the provision of the event landing page.
- Public authorities: Authorities and state institutions, such as tax authorities, to which we must transfer personal data for legally compelling reasons.
- Companies and industry representatives registered for the matchmaking event
- Members of the event jury (consisting of experts from the Allianz Industrie 4.0 BW and the VDMA Baden-Württemberg)
- Other cooperation partners, for example the film studio commissioned to record the pitches
- Other VDMA organisations
6. Data processing in third countries
As a matter of principle, we only process your personal data in Germany and the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. Data subject rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, provided that the respective legal requirements are met:
Information: You have the right to obtain information about the data processed about you.
Correction: You can request the correction of incorrect personal data. In addition, you can request the completion of incomplete data.
Deletion: In certain cases, you can request the deletion of your personal data.
Restriction of processing: You can request that the processing of your data be restricted in certain cases.
Data portability: If you have provided data based on a contract or consent, you can request that you receive the data you have provided in a structured, common, and machine-readable format or that it be transferred to another controller.
Right of objection
Right to object on a case-by-case basis:
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you based on Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR (balancing of interests) for reasons arising from your situation.
If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Objection to data processing for the purpose of direct marketing:
Insofar as we also process your personal data to carry out direct advertising (see above), you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you for these purposes.
Exercising your rights: To exercise any of your aforementioned rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by post at the address given in section 1 above. Please ensure that we can clearly identify you.
Right of appeal to the supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you is unlawful.
In the event of doubt as to the interpretation, the German version “Datenschutzinformationen für die digitale Matchmaking-Veranstaltung „Startup The Future“” shall prevail.